Missed bins, collection points and other collection information
Before reporting a missed bin, please check:
- You are reporting before 5pm on the next working day following your scheduled collection
- Your bin/box was out by 7am
- Your bin/box was on the property boundary (see curtilage)
- It was the correct collection day
- It was not stickered due to contamination
- If you are reporting your missed collection on the day it is due, please make sure your neighbours have been collected.
or 01424 787000
Please note: you can report any missed collections immediately online, without having to call us and wait on the phone.
If the above conditions do not apply or you do not report your missed collection by 5pm the following day you will need to wait until your next collection or take your waste to a Household Waste Recycling Site.
Your bins and boxes must be placed at the property boundary (curtilage) nearest the collections vehicle's access road by 7am on your collection day.
We do not take side or excess waste (waste not contained in the bin).
If the collection crews find your containers contain something they should not, the contents will not be removed. An orange tag detailing the nature of the contaminating item(s) will be placed on the bin/box to let you know why it was not collected.
Please remove any items which are not accepted and present your bin for collection on your next scheduled collection day. We will not return to empty your bin/box before the next scheduled day.
For information on what you should put in your containers, see Overview of our waste and recycling service