Gas safety


Gas safety

If you rent out a property then you must have all gas appliances in the property tested on an annual basis by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

You can find a Gas Safe engineer by visiting the Gas Safe Register

Using a Gas Safe engineer is a legal requirement under the Gas Safe (Use and Installation) Regulations 1998 (amended)

The engineer will provide a certificate that confirms if the appliance(s) are safe or not. A copy of the certificate must be given to the tenant.

You must always keep a copy of the current landlord's gas safety certificate and the previous year's certificate for the property.

If you need to apply for a licence or renew a licence for an HMO you must provide a copy of the current Landlord's Gas Safety Certificate with your application.

For further information please visit the Gas Safe Register website.

Powered by GOSS iCM