Tenants' Section


Tenants' Section

Information and guidance for tenants privately renting their home.

This is the tenants section of the Private Sector Housing (PSH) team website. The site has been developed to answer the most common questions raised by anyone renting their home.

If you live in privately rented accommodation and are concerned about the condition of the property (e.g. damp, disrepair, heating etc), you should notify your landlord or managing agent about your concerns in the first instance. This should preferably be done in writing so you can keep a record.

If the landlord fails to respond, or does not arrange for the matter to be resolved within a reasonable time period, you can contact the Private Sector Housing team and make a formal complaint. We will work with your landlord and try to resolve your complaint, and in certain circumstances we may take enforcement action.

Powered by GOSS iCM